Sunday, April 12, 2009

Knock Knock

In March on a warmer day then most I decided to take Aurora to the temple grounds so we could walk around on the grass and enjoy being outside for a moment. She took off running straight for the temple doors and without any hesitation started to knock! it melted my heart to watch her. Her fourth word she ever said was "Jesus" and when we got to the temple I kept telling her that this was Jesus' home, I don't think she needed me to tell her... she knew. Although it was windy, she loved walking around... she acted like it was completely her domain. It is little moments like this, watching my 1 year old and seeing how close she is to the spirit that really touch my heart and testify of our Fathers Plan. I'll always remember this day that Aurora was ready to Have her Brother invite her in His house. I can't help but think that I need to be more like her and Run to his Door and knock as loudly as I can for him to let me in.








7 comments:

Chelsie Brown said...

She is so cute!!! Great message, I need to remember that too!

Carrie Randall said...

La! I'm so sad that I missed you guys. My bad. Please don't give up on me though. Call me next time you guys are coming down. My e-mail address is carrieprisbrey@hotmail.com, send me yours and I'll send you an invite to my blog.

Natalie said...

Hi Laura and Dan and Aurora! Guess what?!? I have a blog----are you so impressed? Only because Sarah made it for me.....Check it out it is really exciting.

Lisa Riddle said...

How sweet! Kids are the best. It was so good to run into you, hope to see you again soon.

Hailey said...

Hey there, I don't have your address but my mom and sister are having a shower in salt lake, if you are around, and want to come just let me know. My number is 801-232-6630. Oh and the date is april 25th.

Sarah said...

What a sweet girl! It was so wonderful to see you guys! Only a couple weeks and we get to play all sumer :)

makana said...

You know that we live in Texas right?! Well, we are in Houston but we will be coming to Dallas for July 4th weekend I think. Will you be there still? When do you come out? I am excited for you to come here! I LOVE LOVE texas.